- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Cardinal Rigali Retiring
Cardinal Justin Rigali has introduced his successor as Archbishop of Philadelphia. At a joint news conference Tuesday, he said Archbishop Charles Chaput (pronounced Shap' you) is a fearless proclaimer of the gospel who will bring new life to the local church. The 66-year-old Chaput, currently Archbishop of Denver, will be installed September 8, The Feast of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Cardinal Rigali will spend his retirement in Tennessee. The two men celebrated mass jointly Tuesday at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia. The Archdiocese, which includes the city and the four suburban counties, has about 1.5 million Catholics.