- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
In Towamencin Township.............
Towamencin officials have approved more restrictions on outdoor burning. Leaves are no longer allowed in the fire but other yard waste remains OK. The township supervisors took action after a long series of discussions with state environmental regulators that started after a Towamencin resident complained about what their neighbor was burning. Harrisburg put the pressure on by withholding about $166,000 in state recycling grants from the township. That money is not included in the current township budget and Towamencin officials say the state can withold it without causing a problem for municipal finances. They also say that the township code enforcement department will do what it has to do for the enforcement of the additional restrictions.