- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
NPUW Sets Up Japan Relief Fund
The North Penn United Way has set up a fund to help support relief efforts In Japan. Resource and Development Director Inger Berg says the earthquake and tsunami victims need a lot of time and money for their rebuilding effort, but the United Way cannot accept clothing, blankets or other products in this drive.
“People are so well-intentioned and want to be able to give something they have at home, but there are so many hidden costs associated with contributions of goods or services that we just can’t accept any kind of product donations, but there are bigger organizations like the Red Cross that have people in place to get products where they need to go.”
Berg says the North Penn-Indian Valley area is very caring and very generous, and they hope to raise $5,000 or more between now and April 15. The phone number for Visa and MasterCard donations is 215-855-3002, and checks can be mailed to North Penn United Way, PO Box 99, Hatfield, PA 19440. Write “Japan Disaster Relief” in the memo section.