- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Some Suspended Priests Have Local Ties
Various sources have released the names and church affiliations of 21 Catholic priests the Archdiocese of Philadelphia has suspended as a result of a grand jury report alleging sexual abuse and other improper behavior involving minors, and some have local ties. They Include the Reverend Leonard Peterson, who served most recently as Pastor of Saint Maria Goretti Parish in Hatfield. He also taught religion at one time at Lansdale Catholic High School. Monsignor Joseph Logrip served most recently as Chaplain at Saint Mary Manor in Lansdale, and he lived at the Saint Stanislaus Rectory. He received an assignment as pastor at Mary Mother of the Redeemer Church in Montgomery Township last year, but he never arrived. The Reverend Mark Fernandes was assigned to Saint Agnes Church in Sellersville. The Reverend John Bowe was living at Saint Joseph Rectory in Warrington. The Reverend Andrew McCormick was pastor for six years at Sacred Heart in Swedesburg, and Monsignor Michael Flood was most recently Pastor of Saint Luke the Evangelist Church in Glenside. The Reverend Robert Povish was stationed at Saint Eleanor Parish in Collegeville, and he served as chaplain at Graterford State Prison.