- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
- North Penn School Board Holds Reorganization Meeting
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Mercy Suburban Building New Cancer Center
Mercy Suburban Hospital plans to build a cancer outpatient center on its East Norriton campus starting this summer. The addition, on the Germantown Pike side of the building, will include chemotherapy suites and the latest high-tech cancer detection and treatment equipment. The main entrance on Route 202 will have an emergency preemption device on the traffic light to expedite emergency vehicle traffic. Mercy Suburban currently operates a cancer facility on Powell Street in Norristown in cooperation with the Jefferson-Kimmel Cancer Center Network. The goal of the construction project is to make the cancer center part of the main hospital. The township supervisors will consider land development plans next month, and it should be finished in the spring of next year at a cost of about $8 million.