More than a dozen people were overcome by fumes Sunday morning during worship services at a Bucks County church.
Paramedics went to Saint Cyril of Jerusalem Church on Almshouse Road in Jamison after one teenager and two adults fainted during the 9:00am mass. When the paramedics arrived they began to have dizziness, nausea and difficulty breathing. They called firefighters for help, and some of them also became sick. In all, six parishioners, five paramedics, five firefighters and two police officers were overcome by fumes and taken to hospitals. All were released after treatment. Tests indicated the fumes were carbon monoxide, and a defective heater is the suspected source. The church continued services outdoors as emergency vehicles lined the parking lot.