- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
SEPTA Parking Card Trial Ending
SEPTA is ending the use of magnetic stripe cards at parking lots on the Regional Rail Division. Chief Financial Officer Richard Burnfield says they have a tendency to become demagnetized and lose their value when they come into contact with cell phones and other electronic devices. They have been in use on a trial basis at several stations including Ambler, Fort Washington, Jenkintown and Warminster. By the end of this month the parking lots will return to machines that work on coins only.