- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
JBS Workers Unionize
Workers at the JBS Souderton Beef Processing and Rendering Plant on Allentown Road in Franconia have joined a union. The United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1776, based in Plymouth Meeting, represents about 1,200 workers at the plant, known as Smithfield’s Mopac Unit until the Brazilian company JBS bought Smithfield two years ago. Long-time employee Bernard Coneghen issued a statement saying they spoke with union representatives about the benefits of having a voice at work and voted to join.