- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Borough And Homeowners Reach Sewer Settlement
Lansdale is paying a dozen York Avenue homeowners $2,000 each to install new sewer laterals, replacing old ones that backed up into basements last year. They threatened to sue over improper hookups dating back to the 1940’s or 50’s, and Borough Solicitor Mark Hosterman says the settlement will save tax dollars in the long run.
“I believe that will incur much less expense than defending a lawsuit, as well as possibly having to foot the bill to install the lateral.”
The settlement will cover about half of the cost for installing new laterals in the front yards and abandoning the old backyard pipes in an environmentally acceptable way.