Don’t Play With Fireworks
He says many people don’t know the glowing debris that falls to the ground can cause a fire.
“Sometimes when the debris gets to the ground it smolders for some period of time. Many of us complement our homes with the use of mulch around our property. While it does look nice, mulch will hold a creeping, spreading fire for hours, and it reaches the foundation of the home where it gets underneath the siding, and vinyl siding is very dangerous. It burns very quickly and very hot, and that fire can go right up the side of your house in minutes.”
Chief Miller says sparklers, which burn at about 1,200 degrees and are sold legally in Pennsylvania, can also cause fires.