- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Officials Approve Retirement Community Plans
The Towamencin Supervisors have approved sewer lines for the Derstine Run Retirement Community in Hatfield Township. They have also approved plans for an emergency access road between the back of the property and Allentown Road. Advanced Living Communities is putting up four two-story buildings with a total of 240 affordable housing units for seniors on a 24-acre site along Derstine Road. President Bill Brown says they already have a waiting list.
“We haven’t even advertised. We have 80 people that have indicated interest in participating, and my estimate is that six months into construction we will have an application list of somewhere between 300 and 400.”
Construction starts in about a month. Hatfield Township approved other land development plans earlier. Advanced Living also owns the Schwenckfeld Manor Complex at Weikel and Allentown Roads in Towamencin.