Warminster Fire Sends Two Firefighters to The Hospital
Five fire companies battled a stubborn house fire Sunday afternoon in Warminster Township on Cheryl Drive. Two firefighters were taken to Abington Memorial Hospital for burns. According to reports, an electrical appliance sparked the blaze, causing a propane tank, connected to the home’s barbeque grill to explode. Flames caused heavy damage to the home. The Fire was brought under control in about 30 minutes.
Bucks Co. Hospital Reaches Milestone
Grandview Hospital is marking a hundred years of service in 2013. According to records, it’s the oldest hospital in Bucks County. But Grandview’s C.O.O. Mark Horn says it has a growing reputation for health care excellence.
“We recently received the award for orthopedic services from Health Grades, in 2013 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence and that’s in all the top five hospitals nationally. So Grandview is one of nearly 45-hunderd hospitals in the country and we’re in the top 5-percent in that award.”
Horn’s provided those comments during a live broadcast on AM-1440 from Grandview’s Health Seminar in Souderton.