- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Peco’s Power Supply Handling Demand in Midst of Heat Wave
From Peco’s perspective, the current heat wave is admittedly oppressive, but has not led to a record of peak usage, according to Peco’s Ben Armstrong.
“Yesterday we had the highest usage during the week by our customers with 8,593 megawatts and that comes in 14th all time in our peak usage statistics for probably the last 40 or 50 years for our company. Comparing that, July 22nd of 2001 customers used our record peak, which was, 8,984 megawatts.”
Armstrong urges customers who may be having problems coping with high electric bills to visit Peco website at peco.com/smartideas or call toll free, 1-800-494-40000