- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Turnpike Tolls Increasing
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has approved a toll hike, effective in January.
Tolls will go up by 2% for drivers using E-Z Pass and 10% for cash customers. Someone traveling the entire length of the east-west turnpike will pay a cash toll of more than $39, while an E-Z Pass customer will pay less than $31. The E-Z Pass annual service fee goes down in January, from $6 to $3.
The commission has also hired a firm to plan for all-electronic tolling. The turnpike will eventually do away with cash tolls to save money and speed traffic, but that’s at least 5 years away.