- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Investigator Says Reverend Is Suitable For Ministry
An investigator with the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Office for Child and Youth Protection addressed parishioners Tuesday night at Saint Maria Goretti Church in Hatfield Township.
Leslie Gomez said the decision to find the Reverend Leonard Peterson suitable for ministry was based on protecting children, not legal considerations. She said he was placed on administrative leave in February of last year after accusations were made against him, but they were found later to be unsubstantiated.
Another official with the Archdiocese said no decision has been made about whether Father Peterson will return to the church, at Derstine and Cowpath roads in Hatfield Township. That is up to Archbishop Charles Chaput.