- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Burglar Arrested
A Philadelphia man is charged with breaking into a house on Old Forty Foot Road in Towamencin Township. 39-year-old Gary Kieffer is being held at Montgomery County Prison in lieu of $50,000 cash bail. Investigators say he used a crowbar to gain access into the house and brandished it in a menacing way when confronted by the homeowner in the kitchen. The suspect fled at that point but was tracked down by police in Allentown a day after the burglary. Kieffer is charged with a laundry list of offenses including robbery and making terroristic threats. Towamencin police say he could be linked with other burglaries in the township and additional charges could be filed.