- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
North Wales Budget Talks
The outstanding cost of the North Wales Municipal Building was hot topic during budget deliberations on Tuesday. The outstanding cost of the North Wales Municipal Building was hot topic during budget deliberations on Tuesday. Borough President Bill Van Sant would like to see the 865-thousand dollar debt eliminated through pay-off from the borough’s reserve fund. He says this will save the borough eighty-thousand dollars annually and help improve cash flow. Last year the borough’s budget included an expected deficit of over 400-thousand dollars, Van Sant says a tax hike is inevitable this year but the expected deficit is under 200 thousand dollars, which puts the borough ahead of last year.