- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Property Taxes Stay Steady in Montgomeryville
Montgomery Township officials have approved a preliminary budget for next year that does not raise property taxes. The spending plan also continues the Homestead Exemption that allows more than 75% of the residential property owners in the township to shield $30,000 of the assessed value of their home from taxation. Most of those that work in the township will be paying a higher levy on their wages though. The preliminary budget replaces the annual $10 Occupational Privledge Tax with the $52 per year Local Services Tax.