- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Kulpsville Park and Ride Update
Towamencin officials have heard an update on plans to build a park and ride facility on seven acres bounded by Sumneytown Pike, Towamencin Avenue and the entrance onto the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The proposal has been scaled back considerably from the one that received alot of attention about 15-years ago. Township Planning Consultant Peter Simone says this would be a mixed use park and ride with spots for two or three dozen car poolers as well as commercial and retail uses. The Turnpike Commission owns the land and is anxious for a developer to lease it. Towamencin officials received a $40,000 grant from the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission a year ago to conduct a feasibility study for the proposed park and ride facility.