- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
L’Oreal Paris has honored Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman as one of its ten Women of Worth for this year.
The beauty product company cited her work as co-founder of Mission Kids, the county’s first and only child advocacy center providing support for victims of child abuse.
Ferman says she hopes the award will open a dialogue about the reality of child abuse and the ways all of us can be involved in keeping kids safe in our own communities.
Voting for the national honoree is being conducted through Wednesday, November 21, on the internet at www.womenofworth.com. Ferman has already won a $10,000 donation to her charity, and the national winner gets another $25,000.