- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Local Author Writes Bucks Co History Book
Veteran Bucks County journalist Cathy Clark has written a history of the county titled, appropriately, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
She says it goes from the days before William Penn arrived all the way up to Sesame Place and the Parx Casino, and it tells the story of Historic Fallsington, which escaped being bulldozed when Levittown was built.
“When Levitt came there was kind of a threat to Fallsington, and these people who lived there and loved this little village got together and basically raised Hell, and it was the first historic preserved town in the state.”
Unlike some historic sites, Clark says you can walk through Fallsington and see everything with no tickets and no charge.
She appeared Thursday on the WNPV talk program Comment Please by Univest.