- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Party On Parkway
Sunday was party time on the parkway, as the Route 202 Parkway between the Lansdale and Doylestown areas was opened for bicyclists and pedestrians.
Joe Donnelly of Montgomeryville was out there with his bike.
He says he’s been using it for a while and he likes it.
“It’s a nice ride. There’s no traffic so you don’t stall much. You keep moving, and it’s interesting to see how it’s developed. This was dirt last year.”
Donnelly says he’s been riding on the parkway for about a year.
Carol Mrozinski of Chalfont, who was out for a walk, says she’s been watching the construction for two years, and she’s impressed.
“I find it amazing and I think PennDot does a great job, and I look forward to seeing it open completely.”
Mrozinski says she walks about nine miles a day for exercise, and she’ll continue using the off-road trail along the Route 202 Parkway after it opens to traffic. PennDot has not set an opening date, but it should happen before the end of the year, possibly in October.