- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Report Due Soon On Former Performing Arts Building
A task force that’s been looking at the future use of the building at 311 West Main Street in Lansdale should have its final recommendations next month.
The borough bought it and started renovating it about six years ago.
It opened as a performing arts center in the fall of 2009 with great fanfare and closed in April of 2010 with little notice before completing its first season. Lansdale Borough cited a budget deficit, lack of fundraising and a lack of support for arts center programming.
Before the borough bought the building it was a Masonic lodge for nearly a century. It could still become an arts center of some kind, and if it’s put to another use the borough would probably have to pay back state and county grants that helped cover the cost of the renovations, which are far from finished.