- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Levittown Turns 60
A Bucks County community that defined Postwar Suburban America is 60 years old this month. William Levitt’s company built affordable single-family homes, largely for GI’s who fought in World War Two, and named the development Levittown.
It covers parts of Bristol, Falls and Middletown Townships and Tullytown Borough. The first people moved into the new homes in June of 1952. By 1958 more than 17,000 had been built, and they housed about 70,000 people.