- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Zoo Gets New Director
Norristown’s Elmwood Park Zoo has a new executive director. He is Albert Zone, who has been acting director since Bill Konstant resigned in November to work for two conservation foundations. Konstant is an internationally known conservationist.
While zoo directors have traditionally been animal experts, zone comes with a background in business, but he is no stranger to the zoo. The 1997 Norristown Area High School graduate has been going there since he was a child, and he was running the zoo’s café prior to becoming acting director. Before that he ran the Jeffersonville Golf Course and also managed its restaurant and banquet division.
During the last few months he has concentrated on maximizing income from admissions and memberships, and during the first quarter of this year the zoo gained 3,000 members, compared to 2,600 in all of last year, and private donations are at their highest level in five years.