- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco, Bucks: Healthy Places
Montgomery County remains one of the healthiest places in Pennsylvania, and Bucks County is not far behind. A study published by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin puts Montgomery County in fifth place statewide, while Bucks is seventh and Philadelphia is dead last.
The study looks at many factors including unhealthy lifestyles, and to mention just three well-known factors, adult smoking is 16 percent in Montgomery County, 18 percent in Bucks County and 25 percent in Philadelphia. Adult obesity is 25 percent in both Montgomery and Bucks Counties and 32 percent in Philadelphia, and physical inactivity is 21 percent in Montgomery County, 23 percent in Bucks County and 30 percent in Philadelphia.