- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Fischer’s Park Improvements Coming
Improvements are coming to Fischer’s Park in Towamencin. Township Landscape Architect Peter Simone says it will get an entry plaza and a pavilion with restrooms, and new plumbing fixtures that should improve comfort during special events.
“There’ll be more bathrooms, and the township won’t have to bring in Port-a-Potties as they normally do, and then there’ll be a covered area where the township could put some picnic tables.”
The township supervisors want to tighten up bid specifications before sending out requests for proposals. Work should start in the summer and be finished in the fall, at an estimated cost of about $760,000 from state grants and a trust fund set up by the estate of long-time resident Elizabeth Arneth.