- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Playground Fundraising Going Well
Chestnut Street Playground Project Chair Jen Ruggiero says a fundraising drive is going well. The goal is to raise $65,000 by summer to repair and upgrade the playground at Chestnut Street and Wile Avenue in Souderton. Ruggiero says it will accommodate people with disabilities.
“With most playgrounds it’s usually over grass or mulch to get to the apparatus. You have to run or walk, but if you’re in a wheelchair or you have some type of a device that helps you get around that makes it very difficult, so this playground will be special because it will include all people whether they have special needs or not.”
Ruggiero says a paved path will run through the playground. It will also have areas covered with a rubber-like matting that can support wheelchairs and walkers, and she says going out to play with the children and grandchildren is healthy for people of all ages. They hope to break ground in the summer and have the project finished in the fall.