- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Towamencin Official: Dog Park Not A Priority
The Towamencin Township Supervisors are lukewarm at best about a dog park, where pet pooches could run off-leash in a fenced-in area. Chairman Dan Littley says it’s not a priority, and dogs are allowed in the parks now as long as they are on leashes.
“You cannot let it off the leash, and by code you are required to pick up after the dog should it do its business in one of our parks. It’s not like we are asking you to go out of your way. I would hope you clean up at home after your dog.”
If it ever moves forward, Littley says it must be public works neutral because employees have enough to do maintaining roads and parks, and they cannot be cleaning up after dogs.