- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Souderton Mayor: Revitalization Going Well
Souderton Mayor John Reynolds says the revitalization that started about ten years ago is going well, and a nicer borough will benefit the entire Indian Valley area. “The borough is sort of the urban area for our outlying regions, and Franconia Township is our suburbs. The Borough of Souderton has always been the place where people from surrounding areas have done their business.”
He says there are visible signs of progress.
“The streetscape aspect of that is slowly but surely coming up the hill. We have now come to the top of Main Street, and it will also go the other way and around the corner on West Broad Street to the Broad Theater.”
Mayor Reynolds says the private investors who are having the Broad Theater rebuilt and restored should have the job done by early summer, and he hopes it will be part of the big 125th anniversary celebration with a parade and fireworks the weekend of June 23 and 24.