- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montgomery Twp Planting Maple Trees
The Montgomery Township Shade Tree Commission plans to plant 64 sugar maple trees on property the township owns near Usher Lane, roughly across Kenas Road from Windlestrae Park. The trees will cost nearly $25,000, but not from the taxpayers. The money comes from a fund developers pay into for trees they cut down.
Commission Chair Roy Rodriguez says they are basically doing reforestation, but in 25 years or so, when the trees are big enough, future members can put on a maple sugaring exhibit for public education and entertainment.