- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale Founder’s Day Rescheduled
There’s a new date for Founder’s Day in Lansdale. It was originally planned for the last Saturday in August, but it was cancelled because of Tropical Storm Irene. It has now been rescheduled to coincide with the Oktoberfest on Saturday, October 1. Borough Councilwoman Mary Fuller says the two events will be connected.
“We plan to have an opening ceremony at Borough Hall, and then have some sort of procession down what will be the Vine-Wood connector, and then proceed to the field behind the Madison Lot where the Oktoberfest grounds will be.”
Founder’s Day events include open houses at Borough Hall, the Jenkins Homestead and the police and fire stations. The Oktoberfest features a beer garden, pumpkin carving and other fall fun, and everything wraps up with fireworks after dark outside Penndale Middle School. Proceeds benefit the Lansdale Public Library.