- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Round Guys Preparing To Pour A Few Rounds
The Round Guys Brewery is coming to Lansdale. Mayor Andy Szekely says it’s the borough’s first brew pub, and it will benefit all downtown businesses by bringing more pedestrian traffic into town.
“People might buy a piece of furniture once a year or an item of jewelry or clothing once a month. That’s not going to drive the revitalization of the downtown. You need the restaurants where people need to eat every day and have a nice variety of restaurants, and then the other retail will survive off of that foot traffic.”
Mayor Szekely says Scott Rudich and Rich DiLiberto have been brewing in a Pipersville garage for about three years, and now they are ready to serve up suds in their own pub. He says they told him they got the name “Round Guys Brewery” by looking at their own bellies. It should open in late fall in the vacant Lachman Printing Company space on Main Street, with an entrance on Wood Street behind the Main Street Pizzeria and the Philly Pretzel Factory.