- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Journal Register Sold
The Journal Register Company, which publishes “The Reporter,” “The Times Herald” and a number of other daily and weekly newspapers, has been sold to Alden Global Capital, a New York-based hedge fund. It was already an investor in the Journal Register Company, based in Yardley, in Bucks County. It also has a stake in the company that owns the “Philadelphia Inquirer” and “Daily News.” Alden Global Capital specializes in buying distressed companies, and especially newspaper companies. The Journal Register Company emerged from bankruptcy about two years ago.