- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale: A Classic Town
Lansdale has enrolled in the Classic Towns of Greater Philadelphia program. Borough Council President Matt West says towns need to be nominated before they can enroll, and Montgomery County stepped up.
“It’s a true honor to be nominated by the county. From this point onward, to July first, there’s a lot of leg work that we need to do as a borough – get them information, take pictures.”
He says they need to give the pictures and information to the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, which sponsors the program. The borough is paying $5,000 to enroll for two years, and he says it’s well worth the money because of the marketing opportunities that come with the distinction. Other classic towns include Ambler, New Hope and Phoenixville.