- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
JD Malone and the Experts played indy rock and Americana Wednesday during the lunch hour concert series at Railroad Plaza in Lansdale. Malone, of Phoenixville, is the group leader, singer and songwriter. He says he’s been in the business for a few years.
“I was the founder and lead singer of a rock band called Steamroller Picnic, and then I gravitated to singer-songwriters, and then I would just meet musicians along the way and form a band. I write a lot. I did a lot of covers today, but more than half was original songs.”
He says some of his songs get occasional air play. He’s never had a hit, but the hope of making the big time is not what keeps him going.
“You have to do it because you love it. That’s what keeps me going. That’s it. That’s the only reason.”
Malone says he likes all kinds of music, and each one has its place. The noon hour concerts continue for the next two Wednesdays at Railroad Plaza.