- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
PA Casino Revenue #1
Pennsylvania’s tax revenue from commercial casinos was tops in the nation for the fiscal year that ended June 30. It was nearly $1.1 billion. Indiana was second at $878 million, and Nevada was third with $831 million. Pennsylvania has only nine casinos, but it taxes slot machine proceeds at 55 percent, compared to only eight percent in Nevada. Table games that started just this month are taxed at 16 percent, and they should bring in another $320 million a year. The Gaming Control Board says gambling revenue is helping to lower property taxes, especially for senior citizens.