- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Historic Society Becoming History
The Historic Society of Towamencin is being dissolved. Township Supervisor Tom Hollenbeck founded it ten years ago to raise awareness about local history, but his recent death and a lack of funding make it impossible to continue. Acting President Joe Silverman says historic pictures Doctor Hollenbeck kept at his dental office should go on display.
“These black and white photos are in beautiful shape. We’d like to frame these and have them here in the township building for people to see.”
Some pictures will go to the nonprofit organization that manages the Morgan Log House on Weikel Road.