- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Police Appreciation Day
Saturday was Police Appreciation Day at Parkside Place in Upper Gwynedd. The event organizer is Norristown Police Sergeant Bob Sobeck, who lives in Upper Gwynedd. He says it was simply to thank the men and women who serve their communities.
“We always have memorials afterwards to say ‘Thank you’ and to memorialize the officers. Well, let’s do it ahead of time. Isn’t it so rarely done when people just say, ‘Thank you for a good job, for the effort and dedication?’ Also we, the committee, want to get across today the families of the officers. They sacrifice so much.”
Sobeck says police work nights and holidays, and many times they miss dinners and other family time when duty calls.